Thursday 15 August 2013

My prom experience .

So..Last month on the 5th of July I got to attend every teenage girls dream. Prom. But much to my disappointment it did not live up to my expectations. I spent the majority of the night surrounded by people I didn't even talk to, old friends and many people who have an unexplained disliking for me. Which made me extremely uncomfortable, I felt like such an outcast. Everyone had there own set friendship group and there was just me, alone like always. This plus my slight social anxiety made my night even worse, the thought of being around so many people terrified me anyway but being an outcast and a loner made this 100x worse. Plus everyone wanted to talk to me? Which was very strange seems as nobody ever bothered before so why now, on the last time I'm ever going to see them?.. I felt extremely insecure throughout the night, everyone looked incredible and I felt disgusting I just wanted to go home.


However, I did get to attend the night with someone very special to me, My boyfriend. For a couple like me and Sam prom was very traditional.. His tie matched my dress, he picked me up and gave me a beautiful corsage and we travelled together. I spend pretty much the whole night together, we were even the runner ups for Prom King and Queen. The highlight of my night was dancing with my boyfriend on the dance floor, we was surrounded by so many people, 50 to 80 people atleast but I felt like we were alone, just enjoying each others company like we always do. This put me at ease and I started to enjoy the night a little bit more.

 
 
 
 

All in all I am very pleased that I attended Prom, As it is a special and momentous time that every girl should remember good or bad. I just wanted a prom story I could share with my children one day, good or bad. I wish it could have gone a lot better and I wish I could have enjoyed it more and had the typical prom experience but it is what it is. I would like to thank the few people who made prom special for me, your amazing and I love you.

                                                             Courtney x

                                                                     ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment